Thursday, December 11, 2008

If I ever hear ONE more version of jingle bells I'm gonna....

This morning I received a red flagged email from our VP of Retail telling me to prepare for a walk-through visit by our company's board members. Eeeeeek!! Apparently they were flying in from Boston to go to all of the Manhattan stores and see what's up. We often have people from corporate who come into our boutiques. I have met a lot of the licensing representatives, our CFO's daughter, etc etc but never the people who actually OWN our company. Kate and I got to work pronto. The store looked pretty well put-together to begin with, but we decided there needed to be a few changes. The two of us went into merchandising-mode. At some point, I think my pupils turned red and I started talking like a robot while simultaneously humming along to the Christmas Holiday blend on our stereo. It was great having Kate's help because I think we both have a similar eye for merchandising and display...and ultimately we were both very happy with the outcome of the store's setup today. Sadly, all of my anxiety about the board members coming in today was unneccessary because they never showed up! I guess their flight from Boston arrived late. Instead, they will be coming at some point tomorrow. (I hope they come before four. If they don't, I won't be able to attend the annual Christmas party that they're throwing at the showroom!) At least the store looks great, we finished boxing up the clearout merchandise and the markdowns for our big sale are completed. Now I'll just need to drink 987345 cups of coffee in the morning in an effort to calm myself down. (Is it weird that Caffeine has the opposite effect on me?! Years of espresso addiction have finally paid off.)

In other news...one of the girls from another Betsey store found this sketch and emailed it to all of the store managers. Betsey has designed an option for Michelle Obama's gown for the Presidential Inauguration. I love how fashion-savvy Michelle Obama is. A long list of incredible designers (Oscar de la Renta, Marc Jacobs, Karl Lagerfield, Zac Posen, etc!) have all sketched designs for Mrs. O. I wonder which one she will ultimately decide on. Here are a few of the ones I liked the best...



Kai Milla

Christian Lacroix


Diane Von Furstenburg
Zac Posen

You can check out all of the designer's sketches here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails