Wednesday, October 6, 2010

15 weeks!

A bit of time has passed since I've had a chance to sit down and make a post. Sorry!! I feel like the last two weeks have flown by because we have been so incredibly busy. I explained to my regional that it was almost like Quinn was a baton in a relay race. She gets passed on from Mike, to Jessica, to me and then we take care of her, clean the house, cook dinner...and by the time we know it, it is the next day and we've got to go through all of our routines all over again. I am trying to enjoy every moment with her because I feel like every time I look at her, she has developed a new skill and is becoming more independent. Boohooooo. Stay small, little Quinn!

Yesterday, we decided to test out real food with Quinn! I bought a container of rice cereal and mixed it with a little bit of formula. We brought out her high chair, strapped her in, and this is what we got:




And here was the second try this morning:






Although she probably got more of it on her mouth than IN her mouth, she ate a lot! I think the rice cereal filled her up a bit more, as she didn't drink nearly as much milk as she normally does (sweeeeet, since formula is ex-pennnn-sive and she will drink 8 ounces in one sitting!) We'll continue to keep experimenting with this whole big girl food stuff. I can't wait to feed her a lemon! Hahaha...

At almost 15 weeks, it is incredible to see how much she has changed from just a month ago. She can sit up now without her head bobbling around, she is totally allert and is really interested in the animals, especially Rigby. She loves to snuggle with her little kitty stuffed animals and likes to burry her face in them while she is napping (or stick them in her mouth.)


She seems to take interest in toys that play music or make noise in some way (she takes after her padre in that way.) I bought this little bird chime toy from Target and stuck it on her carseat. Whenever we go anywhere, all I hear are little bells jingling around while she sits quietly in the back seat batting the bird about. Totally better than listening to the radio.

It is cooling down here in Texas (FINALLY) so I am now enjoying putting her in warmer clothes. I get a kick out of making her wear high waisted pants that make her look like a little old man...

It's not cruel! She thinks it's funny too! And don't worry, she doesn't look too old-school because she is still rockin' her mohawk. No need for palmaid or hair gell, this punk-rock hairstyle is all nat-ur-al, baby!


I'm loving the stage that she is in right now. She is becoming so independent and I am getting a small glimpse into what her personality will be like....which hopefully will include a gift of gab and a love for lame jokes and blue mascara.


3 comments:

marissa said...

Be still, my beating ovaries! I think if I keep reading your blog, I'm going to "accidentally" get pregnant. (Sorry, Hubs.) Seriously, Quinn is the cutest baby EVER!

Tara said...

hehe, aww thanks Marissa! Your blog makes my naked ring finger cry out in agony, hahaha :)

marissa said...

Aww, well, just think, if you wait long enough, Quinn can be your flower girl! How sweet would that be?! =]

Related Posts with Thumbnails