Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's supposed to SNOW tomorrow?!

The last five months of living in Texas have definitely been an adventure, that's for sure. I have been struggling being back, only because it is difficult trying to make this the perfect place to be while we are simultaneously nostalgic for past cities, experiences and good friends. Mike has been working so hard to build a place for himself here. Meanwhile, Jessica and I have been brainstorming our future fashion-venture. Our wheels are turning even though we are feeling a bit stagnant. However, an amazing perk to Austin, which I have always thought, is that it would be such a wonderful place to raise a family. So....well....here it goes....


6 weeks

9 weeks

11 weeks.... getting thicker!

11 1/2 weeks, about the size of a large plum!

Of course I knew I was pregnant this whole time, but it has been so hard to really have faith that my body was building a little baby for the last few weeks. Yesterday at our pre-natal visit, we finally had physical proof of the baby's existence. I kept telling our midwife that I was nervous there wasn't going to be anything in there and that I'd be so embarassed if it turned out I just had a three-month long stomach flu! That anxiousness disappeared right away when she started pressing on my stomach with the little ultrasound tool. The heartbeat was hard to hear at first, especially when I kept laughing and throwing off the ultrasound....but gosh, what a feeling to hear that little whispy sound coming from my stomach!!! And then she caught an image of the little guy (or girl) and Mike and I were just sitting there....staring at it and looking back and forth at eachother. I don't know about him, but I kept thinking....is that really a BABY?! I see an EAR!! It is still completely shocking to know that I am growing a little person in there. The next six months are going to be an adventure, that's for sure. But the good news is that I think Austin is a great place to be while Mike and I power forward into this new life we've created!

More updates to come soon...... now that I finally have something exciting to document. :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Love the fact that u did the pics of ur baby bump as the weeks passed.But there was someone very specil behind u in the pics upstageing u n "the Bump"!ELLIE!!!She's getting really big too.Keep writing we love your "voice".

Jess said...

Eeeeek, I'm so excited :) Love the bump pics!

Unknown said...

that is so cool that you have a midwife...that is my plan as well (someday). Can't wait to see you in January, lovey! Do you still have the same old phone number?? 512 779....

MrsKatherineA said...

Tara I love your baby pics!! I am so thrilled for you sweetheart!

Related Posts with Thumbnails