Friday, July 31, 2009

Last day in NYC

I'll wake Mike up in twenty minutes to walk down with me to pick up our moving truck. I can't believe we are actually leaving. It feels so weird. I'm looking around at our apartment...there is still so much to be done. Well, packing last minute kitchen stuff and just cleaning everything. Won't be too bad.

My last day yesterday at work was so sad. I spent the morning cleaning out my desk and trying to organize the upstairs office as best as I could. I goofed off with Miche and Claudia for the majority of the days. Those girls make me laugh so much. Lori and Meredith came to say goodbye to the old manager and hello to the new one, that evening. We also found a living/dying rat in the bathroom (eeeeek!!!) The four of us finished off my day at work by me reciting the names of my favorite NYC clientele in my notorious New York/Tara's Grandma voice. I was so sad to leave the girls though. I didn't cry until the end when I actually realized that I wasn't going to be able to spend my days with my best girlfriends here in the city. In the end, it didn't come down to the fashion....it was never about the fashion. It was about the relationships that I built with the people around me. I'll remember all of these experiences forever. All of the incredible people I met here in NYC will forever leave a lasting impression on me. I've had a really challening year managing these stores, but I wouldn't have been able to get through it on a day to day basis with out the beautiful girls at the boutiques and the incredible customers who I was able to share my days with.

Thank you so much guys.



(The beautiful roses that Lori brought me! ...and Rupert sniffing them. Dude, cat, do you have any idea you're about to travel across the country?)

Goodbye, New York City! Helllloooooooooooooo Baltimore and Texas!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails