Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's official.

I'm definitely transferring to the store on the west side. As of February 1st, I'm the new manager there. I found out randomly yesterday during a corporate meeting where it was announced to all of the New York store associates before I ever had a chance to tell my staff that it was up in the cards in the first place. I felt so humiliated. I think my staff initially had to think that I had been scheming this whole transition from the beginning. I told them that the move had been mentioned but no definitive plans had ever been made so I didn't want to make a big deal about it. Well, that plan backfired!

I'll start at the next store next month, but until then I have a lot of thinking to do. I booked a flight home to Austin last night. I need to see my family and friends. I need to get out of here for a little bit and clear by head. It's going to be a stressful time period for the next few months while I get this new store running the way I would like it to. I'm counting the days until the 24th...ATX here I comeeeeeeeee.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

congrats on the new store. you will do great things there. and you will do great things in your life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget